Pizzica and Taranta Tour is the tour you will discover the wonderful rhythms of Salento! Let yourself be carried away by the immersive sound of the tambourine, violin, flute and other traditional instruments of Salento. With this tour you will discover the history and stories related to the myth of tarantism and the tarantula, will meet those dancing around that had been bitten, and how the music chases evil away. The tour is also an opportunity to discover the places, rich in history, where these rites were performed and see that today even you cannot dance to chase away the tarantula but can keep alive the tradition of a secular religion.
THE TOUR can be organized at any time that you would like.
• Transfers and transportation by coach 18 +1 places • Accommodation in double rooms for six nights in a farmhouse/Masseria**** in half board (drinks escluded)
• Driver for the whole trip
• “Pizzica Salentina” Lab ( 3 lessons + final performance)
• Traditional Lunch in Agrifarm (1 day only)
• Entry “Pizzica” Museum
• Entry farming culture Museum • Guide ability (where applicable) • Input farming culture Museum
• the flight, the ticket office, gratuities • other meals and personal expenses
• Touristic Tax
• Tourist Guide (Touristic Guide rate will be calculated separately)
Terms & Conditions
The prices are for groups of maximum 18 people. For groups of more people the price will be recalculated based on the needs. Our tours are personalized, flexible and will be formed according to customer requests, may be extended as well as the itinerary. The programs will be offered at a minimum of 2 people.
In high season it is possible that the facilities are full so it’s best to book well in advance. The tour will start once the expected number of participants are reached. In the case of last minute reservations availability is not guaranteed.